The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that your child visit the dentist by his or her first birthday. While it is unlikely we will provide treatment for your one year old, there is a wealth of knowledge we will pass on to you as a parent. Helping you prevent dental problems through education is our main goal, and instructing parents on proper care of children’s teeth is vital to that prevention.
We will never push your child past their tolerance level, yet each visit is approached with a hope we will accomplish a full preventive care visit which includes examination, cleaning, fluoride treatment and appropriate radiographs. Dr. Tawadros will always provide a thorough examination and talk with you about any issues of concern.
You can make the first visit to the dentist enjoyable and positive by doing a few things:
- Let your child know they are coming, and that Dr. Tawadros and his staff will explain everything and answer any questions. We have found that no matter how well-intentioned explanations are about “What’s going to happen..,” anxiety levels will rise. Minimal discussion is always best... let us walk your child through their visit.
- It is best if you refrain from using words around your child that might cause unnecessary fear, such as needle, shot, pull, drill or hurt. We make it a practice of using words that convey the same message, but are pleasant and non-frightening to the child.
We invite you to be present with your child during every visit to our practice, including treatment. It is our hope as well as yours, that preventive care appointments scheduled every six months will comprise the majority of visits to our office. We strive to make each and every visit to our office a positive experience!
Please print and fill out these forms so we can expedite your first visit:
- Patient Registration
- Important Insurance Information
- Consent and Disclosure of Health Information
- Receipt of Notice of Privacy Practices
- Treatment Fees
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it.